Leek is the main ingredient in vichyssoise, one of the most popular vegetable creams, and it is also the star of this simple leek cake, a nutritious and easy-to-make recipe that he proposes Guiainfantil.com.
Leek is not only rich in vitamins, but also contains a large amount of fiber, suitable for children and pregnant women who have difficulty evacuating.
- 1 sheet of shortcrust dough
- 500 gr of leeks
- 300 ml of liquid cream
- 3 eggs
- 100 gr of grated cheese
- Tips: if you want you can add some slices of tomatoes to this cake
Teach children to eat vegetables with this leek cake, a perfect recipe for a family dinner or as a starter at a family celebration like Christmas.
1. Place the broken dough in a mold so that it covers the bottom and the walls. Prick the dough, place a few chickpeas to make them weigh and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool while you prepare the filling.
2. Wash and cut the leeks into small pieces. You can reserve a few slices to decorate.
3. Bring salted water to a boil and cook the leek for about 5-10 minutes. Drain and reserve.
4. Beat the eggs with the salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the cream, cheese and leeks and mix well.
5. Pour the mixture over the shortcrust pastry, place the leek slices to decorate and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the cake is set.
Enjoy your meal!
You can read more articles similar to Leeks Pie. Quiche recipes for kids, in the Vegetables category - vegetables on site.