The "home school" refers to a school education that is taught from home. This alternative consists in the fact that all educational conditions are fully assumed within the family environment and leaving aside private, public and concerted educational institutions.
We tell you What does Home school consist of and what are the advantages and disadvantages of schooling children at home.
Homeschooling implies a different lifestyle for families who choose it as a teaching method for their children compared to families where traditional school is chosen.
Today this possibility is an option that many families take into account. It means going back in time, to a stage prior to the existence of modern schools. The return to a transmission of knowledge that occurs "from generation to generation." Where it is the parents who will be in charge of transmitting values and principles for their affective and emotional development, and also assume the responsibility of providing the necessary learning for the formation and full development of their children.
The “home school” has several options when starting it up:
- There is the option for children to attend some classes in the “normal school” and the rest of the subjects are studied at home.
- Another option, which is the one that is given the most is the one that is given one hundred percent of the education at home.
The "home school" is not without controversy and everyone has different opinions about it. There are those who are defenders, and there are those who are detractors of this type of teaching. As for its advantages ...
- Attend to the specific needs of the child. This is a great advantage for the child if he has learning difficulties since it eliminates the pressure he has to achieve the goal in a time determined by the official curriculum.
- Teaching is encouraged in such a way as to make it possible to give a positive learning.
- Better adapts to the child's learning processes. It enables the child to take a more active role in his learning.
- With this educational style there is a personalized education to the child who contributes to their maturity and autonomy.
- Freedom in the use of methods and materials used for instruction.
- Regarding social relationships, there will be no room for group pressure, or harassment from other children.
- Family ties are strengthened.
- There are studies carried out in the US that support this educational style. These studies show that social development is the same as that of other children.
- The child can be deprived of other experiences and ways of thinking. It should be ensured that different members of the family participate in the child's education to give him different points of view, but this is very difficult.
- Less possibilities to interact with their peers and share their interests.
- Exist less possibilities to work interpersonal skills.
- Although the schedule is more flexible and the pace is different, all the requirements must be met.
- Although there is more freedom of schedules than a school center Every day, as much time as is necessary should be devoted to the education of the children.
- Difficulty combining work hours with home schooling.
- The possibility of falling into indoctrination using subjective opinions and depriving the child of other points of view.
- Great dedication from adults and many times there is no time.
You can read more articles similar to Home school: school children at home, in the category of School / College on site.