If there is a place where children enjoy it is in the sea. In addition to having fun on the beach and practicing swimming, the underwater world attracts the attention of any child. Can you imagine what you can find by diving underwater? Definitely, scuba diving is one of the most magical experiences that you can also enjoy as a family.
Children are delighted with the number of surprises that can be found under the sea. They may not find mermaids, but they can come face to face with Nemo himself and with countless other surprising beings that they cannot access on the surface. The discovery, the adventure and also all the knowledge that can be extracted from this new environment are the main attractions for the little ones to start in a water sport how is scuba diving or diving for children.
The question most parents ask ourselves is: at what age can I take my children diving? Usually a minimum age to dive 8 years, but it is not so easy to set the limit. Many dive instructors raise the minimum age to 10 years. And it is that dives in the sea pose a certain danger for both children and adults.
However, any risk can be minimized if we allow ourselves to be advised by professionals. They should be the ones to determine if a child meets the necessary conditions for scuba divingBased not so much on your age, but on your physical condition, your experience in water sports and also on certain personality traits.
The most important thing is that children have enough comprehension skills to accept that diving is one of the most fascinating and magical activities. But to enjoy it to the fullest and avoid any risk you must follow the rules. They must also learn the basic signs to communicate underwater and have the appropriate equipment adapted to their age.
We like diving for children because of the amount of Benefits that you can find in your practice.
- Diving, like other water sports, develops psychomotor skills and tones the muscles.
- In addition, it improves heart and circulatory function and increases lung capacity. This in terms of the physical development of children, but the truth is that diving also stimulates emotional and intellectual development.
- The practice of scuba diving it carries a certain responsibility and, therefore, maturity.
- An improvement in self-esteem is also observed after the dives, due to having been able to immerse themselves in other worlds.
- And speaking of immersing yourself in other worlds, the seabed is an incredible stimulus for children's creativity and imagination.
- Children can reinforce values like friendship and companionship practicing diving.
- And it is an ideal activity to reduce child stress for the feeling of calm it produces.
- In addition, due to the particular environment in which it takes place, the respect for the environment that marine environments need so much is instilled in the whole family.
Laura Velez. our site
You can read more articles similar to Scuba diving or diving for children, in the category of on-site swimming.